Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May 2 - Imagine being that dedicated

First, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my MOM!!! Don't worry folks, I called her, emailed her and sent her flowers like the good daughter I am.

Second, there have been a couple of interesting things happen in this country this week. They have made me think a bit about my dedication to ... well ...anything. Take a look-see:


  1. On the light side: The Kate Moss collection came out at Top Shop this week. Big deal...perhaps but it's still just RW&Co price-ranged clothes that are fit for a waif. Anyway, there were people lined up OVERNIGHT for this stuff. Seriously. That's some pretty high levels of dedication for clothes that they will make more of. Makes you wonder.

  2. On the heavier side: Our office here is now adorned with a protestor who is on a hunger strike. He is disgruntled with the management here at Plan and has lost his job in a re-org. Anyway he is protesting the way Plan is handling something. Imagine being so dedicated to your work that you would go on a hunger strike. I can't. I love my work (why else would I do this crazy stuff) but if they let me go I am not sure I would think twice let alone starve myself. Makes you wonder.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Wait!
The guy was sacked by Plan and is now protesting at Plan to get his job back...

Crazy dude!!