Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 22 - I have arrived!

More from me later but I wanted to let you know that I have arrived safe and sound in Freetown. It's an interesting experience and will definitely take some getting used to but I am ready for the challenge.


I miss you all and continue to sweat my way through the day so I am sure I will be about a size 2 when I return due to the water loss.


I promise pictures and stuf as soon as possible. I just wanted to say hi and let you all know I am alive and very well.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Tips from having lived in tropical places...

Strangely enough - eating/drinking warm food will make you feel cooler. Hot chocolate, soups, etc. I don't know why - but it's a true story!

Looser clothing will also make you feel cooler. But I'm sure you've figured that one out already.

And if you haven't already made the full transition, you will... so welcome to the "bio-hair" club... pony tail/hair twist that will keep all your hair off your neck and avoid the frustration of attempting to style your hair. And it's cooler. Although I guess we need a different name for it for you!

Miss you tons!
xo
Christie

Unknown said...

Christie's right... eating spicey food and hot food will help. It causes you to perspire which of course will cool you down. Jus tmake sure to keep drinking water!