Friday, May 4, 2007

May 4, 2007 - I'm Off!

Well the good news is that I survived three weeks here and what do I get for it? A long weekend. :)

Laura (ADPer from Chicago also working at Plan and living in Woking who I met at our ADP training in Feb) and I have decided to play backpackers and hit the road with RoadTrip Overland Tours to the south-west coast of this jolly island.
Here's our itinerary:
Friday: Depart 18.30, Early morning Saturday(approx 1-1.30am) - arrive Newquay.
Saturday: Day of relaxation and time outOptional trip to the Eden project Optional surfing / sea fishing activity Evening BBQ and games Night on the town/sleep
Sunday: Breakfast Tour of Cornwall including;St Ives, Lands End, Penzance (St Michaels Mount)...I am the very model of a modern major general... and a finale of an open air theatre performance at the Minac (with a picnic tea provided). Late evening - Return to Newquay. Evening out/sleep.
Monday: late morning depart from accommodation - Trip to Tintagel castle, legendary birthplace of King Aurthur. Return home to London.

Sounds pretty neat and busy. Unfortunately it looks like the rain is on its way but I am sure we'll still have a ball. We've convinced Carolyn (of ACN and previous post fame) and some girls Laura met on a previous bus trip so it promises to be quite the romp.

Anyway, details on Monday with pics. Have a great weekend everyone! Miss you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina, you are going to my home country...the Cattran's are from Cornwall, Penzance actually. Keep your eyes peeled for look-a-likes, and make sure to let me know how the Surf is.
Very awesome.
Char

Christie said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds like a fabulous weekend adventure! I'm both thrilled and distressed on how quickly you have a whole new posse. Fabulous for you - but I hope you miss your back home posse at least a little. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

xo

Kevin said...

Lucky you!
You got to do nothing on Monday.
I'm working my ass off, trying to get everything finished before I hop onto the plane back to Belgium. :)
Ooh well, this last work-crunch is happily given.

Just another 41.5 hours and I'm back in cold and damp Belgium.
I'm sad because I have to leave all these good times behind but I'm so happy and eager to come back; at least I'll see my girlfriend again... finally!

Cheers

leslie said...

Hey, Tina!

You are one busy woman! Looks like you are having a great time. Miss you at the pool. Good work clearing out the fast lanes world wide. I can't believe you a Sabres Fan!!

Go Sens!
Leslie