Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25 - Attack of the GIANT Bug!

So far on this journey I have seen no bugs to frighten me until this morning. Lizards everywhere and enough mosquitoes to sink a battleship (I was bitten to DEATH the first night!) . That all changed this morning.

When I returned from my shower in the grunge (the floor has yet to dry since we got here) I noticed a GIANT cockroach upside down beside my dresser. I convinced myself that he was dead and had been there the whole time (better than thinking about him crawling around) but just in case I sprayed him with the big ol bottle of bug repellant from the living room and….he MOVED!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Eventually I stepped on him and used the ladles from ghetto kitchen to scoop him out the window. Game over. Now people keep telling me that his friends will come back for me in retribution.

Needless to say I am hoping we’ll move to our new home…FAMILY FUN KINGDOM!!

Now we are at work waiting for Nana and the key to our ‘tower’ (they call our shed Twin Tower #1…sort of creepy) which we left in the car last night. He also has our cookie supply for the day…hurry up Nana!!!

p.s. thanks to Christie, Martha and Jay for texting. It’s amazing what comfort technology can provide. I don’t feel so far away after all!

p.p.s. Enjoy your long weekend everyone! I unfortunately don’t get the holiday but will head to the beach on the weekend and celebrate a bit anyway!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Maybe you have been gone too long already since the long weekend was last weekend! Or you are talking to too many Americans.

Miss you tons!

Kevin said...

You better sleep with one eye open. They'll come for you when you fall asleep. Hopefully you don't snore and sleep with your mouth open... :P