Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25 - We are moving and weekend plans

Well, we've made it to friday evening. Whew!

1) I take back my comment about you guys having a good long weekend for my Canadian friends but the rest of you still enjoy!

2) It's official...we are moving to Family Fun Kingdom!! Seriously that's what it's called. More details on the new digs this weekend. One note: there is a zoo and a swimming pool and it's on the beach! Woooohooo!

3) Looks like a jam-packed weekend with a football game tomorrow and an ex-pat party and the beach and the move and sleeping in air conditioning!!!! wooohooo!

Take care of each other and a huge international HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jay for the big 3-0 on Monday!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

The adventures continue! I definitely like the story of the cockroach, having experienced the same thing myself... I too thought if they were on their back, they were dead... hmm... seems they can sleep that way??? I beat it to death with a broom, quite frantically... A note on the kitchen... our kitchen in China ACTUALLY was a bathroom... the toilet was just covered up with a board (since they generally have the hole in the ground type toilets). It was clean though, so I didn't complain!
I can't wait to read about the new digs!!! Oh... I forgot to tell you thanks for the postcard! I love messages from around the world (just got one from Dave from Bolivia, even though he's home already :) ).
Love ya La Tina!
Jenn

Unknown said...

Ah... my sister's Bitchen... I remember it well. It was in a dorm though, where there wasn't supposed to be a kitchen to begin with.

Glad you're moving up in the world Traini!

Huddles said...

I miss you, too! Thanks for the tips on the classes at good ole Peak. I'll be checking them out this week. Good luck with the cockroaches. If it makes you feel any better (and it likely won't) I saw an ENORMOUS scorpion or something outside the Plan office in Woking the other night. The thing was the side of ... a small bird? I mean, huge. Right there on the step. Oh, and in my ghetto apartment in St. Louis we had a mouse infestation, and I committed murder. By stepping on a mouse I cornered. Repeatedly. I hope that cockroach is the worst you come across!