Monday, May 14, 2007

May 13, 2007 – A week in reflection

My apologies for a week without a post. It’s been a busy one that included a lot of recovery from a tremendous weekend. The Road Trip bus tour was a FABULOUS experience and a great way to see an area if you are okay with regressing a bit back to university days which I was more than happy with. We got to Newquay late on Friday night and settled into our hostel, Bellushi’s. I met Laura’s friends from Australia and a learned whole boat load of new words (flick, pash, aw yeh!, etc). Thanks for a wicked weekend gals!

I’ll keep this short but if you ever go to the South-West of England do the following:

Eat a Cornish Pasty or two, three or four: Yummy dinner in a pastry pocket pronounced Past-ty rhyming with nasty but they are far from.

Go to Eden Project: It’s difficult to describe but imagine an old clay mine that was converted to a thriving gardens depicting the relationship between humans and plants. Two HUGE biomes including a Humid Tropics and a Mediterranean dome. Wow!

Hike up to the Minack Theatre: No words of photos can describe this place. An amphitheatre chiseled out of a woman’s backyard right on the coast. Up about 200 cliff-side stairs, the site of this place was breath-taking!

Although not SW Eng specific…go to a Walkabout: We spent two nights dancing the night away at this bar full of young Aussies. Tree Tousand at least! It was wicked fun and really reminding me of the old Engineering conference days. (I have photos but you'll have to ask me directly!)

The work week was motivating as we prepare for next week’s trip. Interesting calls to get office to agree to be our Pilot offices including Burkina Fasso, Ethiopia, Australia, Spain, Sweden and the US. I love my job!

Friday was Conor’s good-bye party so the ADPers headed into the city. Good times were had by all. Not nearly as fun as my many parties (thanks guys!) but a good time none the less. Now I just need a nap! (photos of this event to come!)

No comments: