Friday, April 20, 2007

April 20 - TGIF!!! - Now I have to move AGAIN

When will this packing insanity end!?!?!?!? Seriously, I'll be glad when I get to Freetown and can settle myself in for a good few weeks. I am going to be a little sick of living out of bags soon.

Weekend plans are a little lame but to be honest I think I can use the break. I tackled the washing machine last night and man was that ever tragic. After tapas and sangria with Laura and Bryce I decided to decline the movie (it's 7GBP which is like $18 for a movie I had already seen and we were late for anyway) and head home to do laundry. I have come to the conclusion that I can't drink here anymore because 1) I get homesick very quickly and 2) I can't work any of the appliances. Seriously...who was in charge of water-based appliances in this country...obviously someone who doesn't like North Americans that's who. Managed to figure it out but didn't finish my laundry until the morning...tough work.


So, come monday stories of the new pad at the Arden (http://www.film-tec.demon.co.uk/Bed-&-Breakfast/) and my adventures with Carolyn and Alex (and potentially Laura and Keating). toodles!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh... the adventures of laundry... At least you didn't have to put it into a separate wringer (or did you??)... Glad to hear you are doing well! Too bad there can't be any visiting by us!

Love
Jenn & Darren

Jac said...

Love how you took a picture of the evil monster washing machine though... ;)

Glad to be reading of your adventures.