Sunday, April 22, 2007

April 21 - Saturday Afternoon fun

Part of my fear about this adventure was having to spend a lot of time...how do I say this...by myself but so far it's not so bad. While I am in Africa and India I will have a travelling companion (Conor...must get photo of him) so it won't be so lonely but today I decided to treat myself to a night on the town.

After an afternoon of chilling and writing postcards at the coffee shop. (yes, they should be well on their way by now) I got myself a ticket to see Cole Porter's High Society at the Woking Ambassador Theatre. Apparently a lot of professional shows come through here on their way to London. This could prove to be helpful for amusement. The show was great and for 15GBP I couldn't exactly complain.

Thanks to Christie for being my first social call on my mobile and making dinner out with me dinner out with us!

Here's your skill testing question for today. My seat was H10...which door do you choose? I was confused too!

p.s. I forgot to mention that I went for a good long run this morning along the 'canal' in Woking. While it has some similar features to Ottawa (canards, bikers without helmets) it just isn't the same. It was nice to enjoy the sunshine and running is definitely my favourite way to get my bearings in a new town.

1 comment:

Christie said...

expect many more a social call! you know I miss you!