Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April 18 - Running with the big dogs

Well, day two is nearly done and I think went well. Got up early and decided to run to see where the pool is and well, got totally lost. Perhaps it is a good idea I brought my GPS watch with me after all. (thanks Jay!)

Spent all day today with my boss Susan to sort out what I am supposed to be doing here and what the situation is like on the team. Susan and I worked together many moons ago in Toronto on the MCSS project and of course spent some time reminiscing. Looks like there is a lot on my plate which of course nerdy me is excited about.

We went out for lunch and got me a sim card for my cell phone and some phone cards so I can call home now. So, if email, MSN and this blog don't prove it now I can reach out and tell you I am alive.

I'll try to take more photos of the town tonight so you can all see the martian statue. Plus tomorrow we are going to hammer out our travel/meeting schedule so I can fill you in on where I will be when for real.

Off to Sainsbury's to get some more 'bits' and then to phone home.

No comments: