Sunday, April 22, 2007

April 22 - Marathon Day - Go Alex, You're a Rockstar!

If anyone ever tells you it's easy to watch a marathon they obviously have never done it! I have done it thrice now and man is it ever exhausting! I spent Sunday in London (a super easy train ride from Woking) with my friends Carolyn (who is staffed in Newcastle) and Zee (ex-Accenture who is here to visit Susan..my boss) watching the London Marathon (http://www.london-marathon.co.uk/site/). We had a blast cheering and yelling. The best was when people had their names on their shirts. "Go ...you're a Rockstar!" was one of our favourites. Man can those fast guys run! Here's the lead pack too fast to get a good photo!
Well, after three hours or so of cheering we finally saw our friend Alex and yelled our heads off to get his attention to no avail. Oh well. Apparently he had a good day and, despite walking the last 6 miles pulled out a 4:04 marathon. I am impressed! My marathon attempts pale in comparison. Congrats Alex!

Exhausted and a little sunburn we headed to the pub for nourishment and eventually took our seperate trains home. It was a great day of reunions and zippy runners. Incredible.

No comments: