Tuesday, August 28, 2007

August 28 - Into the office...oh how familiar!

Okay #1 I ate RICE for breakfast! That's a bit much even for a carb-avoire like me. Man I don't know how these people stay thin! The little man who sleeps in our kitchen apparently also makes all our meals and does our laundry which I find very un-nerving. Definitely wont' get used to that!

We made it into the office today in a tuk-tuk which was terribly exciting. For those of you who haven't had the joy of experiencing this mode of transport it's basically a vespa with a longer seat in the back and a cover. We only had to drive two blocks but it was certainly exciting.

The office is very familiar to me. It looks like like any office at home with modular cubes and big windows. There is even a little poster in my cube stating Ness's 'Values'. Feels like home!

Much test scripting to do today so I had better get down to it. Now that all of my North American friends are 10.5 hours behind me I should be too distracted with emails through the day. booo! Have a great one.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

The little man who lives in your kitchen?? That's more than a little creeeeeepppyyyy!!

As far as the rice diet - it really works - throw in a bit of meat, and come veggies and even a little McDonalds and KFC and you can lose weight!!

If they have KFC there, check it out. I don't know if it will be similar, but in China, they had a different menu and some of the chicken that we normally have (like the popcorn chicken) was SPICY! And tasted really good :)

Still loving reading your blog, keep it up! When the little one arrives, I will have plenty of adventures, but not ones that take me too far out of the house, so I'll need some inspiration!!

Love ya!! - Yenn

Unknown said...

The last unfamiliar place eh? That's somewhat sad, but I can't wait to have you back in Ottawa. I've missed hanging out with you more than I would have thought (though don't worry, not as much as I've missed Meg). See you soon! :)

Tina Traini said...

Again...I love you Smith folks! You are the BEST and I miss you both. Can't wait to be back. Yenn, perhaps I can stop by and say hi on my drive 'home' after Christmas? We'll chat later.