Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 22 - Back from Safari!

Hello again!

I have to say that my holiday was definitely the best ever. It was amazing to be out there with all the animals and some of my best friends. What an adventure, what a break, what memories!

Hippos...almost too close for comfort.


One angry looking buffalo.

I have posted my photos on Picasa (http://picasaweb.google.com/trainitl/TinaSSafariPhotos) and some on Facebook but wait for the ones we took with Jay's new SLR camera...amazing.

Highlights of the trip were:

- zebra bums...symetrical wonders
- 8 lions in one pride up close
- following 31 elephants along the road
- a massive crater full of animals...we even saw an elephant from the bathroom!
- amazing sunsets
- luxury tenting
and so much more.

We visited Amboseli, Masi Mara, Lake Navisha and Mombassa in Kenya and Ngorogo Crater and the Serengeti Plains in Tanzania. My passport is really shaping up.

Thanks to Jay, Sarena, Martha, Sadie and Kyle for dragging their butts all the way here. It was super nice to have old and new friends around.

Jay and the Masi children


I'll post more stories later but wanted to let you all know I was alive and kicking and post a couple of photos.

Tomorrow is my last day in the Nairobi office which is sad. Sunday we are off to Mumbai so that's pretty exciting!

Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: