Monday, August 6, 2007

August 6 - Weekend fun!

This weekend was a bit of an adventure. I wanted to keep it low-key as I had 1) a lot of work to do and 2) was pretty tired because due to construction across the street I hadn't got much sleep lately.


Friday night I went to the next door hotel for some dinner and my first Tusker beer. It was deliscious! There's something about sitting next to a pool eating by candle-light. After a satisfying meal I headed off to bed.

I met up with Khalila at 1pm and we went off for a little shopping and a tour. We drove around and went to the market in downtown Nairobi. It was a lovely day and I think we both spent more money than we expected. I got some jewelry and gifts including something for my dad for his birthday. I am not sure who spent more me or Khalila. :-) Here are some photos of us in action!

We then toured all the malls in the area and had some lunch. I met a local hairdresser who has offered to cut my locks (and boy do they need cutting) and then we rented movies. We spent the evening eating snacks and watching movies. Perfect!

Conor returned on Saturday so we went for dinner on Sunday and he showed me some of his safari pics. To say I am excited about my holiday would be the understatement of the century. I can't wait to see all the animals and to relax for a few days! Horray!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your safari can't be too long from now... boy I'm jealous! :)

Jenn said...

Going on a lion hunt? Gonna catch a big one? Or not... Stay a safe distance from those lions!! I'm enjoying living vicariously through you and I too am looking forward to your safari!!

Tina Traini said...

Yay Smiths! I am so psyched. Can't wait for one more work day to be through! My 'peeps' leave tonight from TO so they'll be plenty ready to go by the time I meet them at the airport on thursday morning!!

Now, have to get all this work done...time for roomservice!