Friday, August 3, 2007

August 3 - I left the hotel!!!!!

Well folks...Khalila managed to drag me out last night for dinner and a movie. It was fabulous to get out of the office/hotel! We went to dinner at a very romantic, candle-lit and yummy restaurant called Talisman which is on the outskirts of Nairobi near the Bixen house (which I'll visit next Thursday). The restaurant had a fabulous courtyard and amazing food!

Then we went to see a flick (Die Hard 4..there wasn't much choice) at the mall. I stopped into the grocery store to get some water (it's $3 CAD for a litre at the hotel) and man was I shocked. It was like a giant Walmart with everything from wine to exercise equipment. Very different from Freetown! The mall (Nakumatt Junction) has a load of little shops, the supermarket, a Java house (http://nairobijavahouse.com/) and a bookstore (like a chapters). Very North American.

We drove around a bit too. One of the huge differences I see is the vegitation. The trees here are massive and beautiful. I promise photos soon. This city is busstling. I can't wait to explore on the weekend.

Must get back to work. Test Scripts await. The good news is that I have finished 3000 Test conditions....from those of you who that makes sense to I want to hear a wooohooo!

All you Canadians enjoy your long weekend and BIG GOOD LUCK to Elena and Josh who are tying the knot this weekend. Everyone enjoy the wedding and take a ridiculous amount of pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

Yes, let's aim for 5:30 on Aug 22nd at the Thorn Tree Cafe. We're travelling from Mombassa to Nairobi via bus on the 22nd, but we should be able to make it for 5:30. If we can't, we'll let you know.

Enjoy your safari!