Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 5 - Later Salone!

That's right ladies and gentlemen...today is my final day in Sierra Leone (affectionately called Salone here). It's a bright sunny day and I am starting to feel better after a rough night the details of which I will leave out. Let's just say I was ill.

The crew is headed to Paddy's for indian dinner (glad I am feeling better) and then I get the hovercraft across the bay to the airport at 9pm for my 12:45am flight. I can't wait until I am on that plane. I always find going through all that airport rigamaroll a bit stressful especially on my own.

It's been a phenominal 7 weeks. I can't say enough good things about this country. Keep your eyes on it because in 5 years time it will be the place to be for Europeans...and you can quote me on that! Just don't come in the rainy season!
I'll miss the people and the sights for sure. Loads more work and adventure to come though so this isn't the end of my blog by any stretch of the imagination.
Details of my departure adventure coming at ya early next week. Until then...happy sailing!

No comments: