Sunday, July 29, 2007

July 29 - Hello Kenya...I have arrived

I have to say, that was the least eventful trip I have ever taken from check-in (they took my 28kg bag...need to figure that out for the rest of my trip) to my seat (three to myself) to immigration (she didn't even look at me and didn't put a random date in my visa like they did in SLE) to the cab (he was right there and took me to my door. It was AMAZING!!! I hope my friends who are coming on safari get the same treatment.

It was a dark ride through the city to the hotel but I have to say I can tell it is VERY different here from SLE. It actually reminds me of Kelowna (for those of you who have been there). Rural yet urban. The hotel is really nice and my room is adorable. Managed to get on the wireless so that's good too! Working from the hotel tomorrow so that should give me some time to get settled.

I'll post pics and more details tomorrow. Just wanted to let everyone know I am alive! Miss you all...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear of your safe arrival Traini! Sounds like you're having an amazing ADP adventure :)

Jac said...

Glad you're safe and sound. Great hearing of your adventures. Can't wait to see pictures of Safari... I'm sad I couldn't make it!