Monday, July 23, 2007

July 23 - Final Week in Woking

Not much new to report from Woking. A pretty quiet but terribly beautiful weather-filled weeked. I am not sure how many of you follow natural disasters in the UK but a great deal of this country is terribly flooded right now. We in and around London have been quite lucky. It's been pouring here since last night but I think we'll be okay.

The last couple of weeks nearly our entire team has been in Woking which has been amazing. There's something to be said about having actually met your teammates in person. I had the privledge this week of meeting Paulina from Equador and Marte from Norway. I'll try to remember to take my camera to work tomorrow to get photos before folks start going home. It's been a great couple of weeks work wise!

So I head out to Nairobi on Sunday. It's nearly a 9 hour direct flight which will be challenging. It's also during the day so that's going to be a bit annoying. I leave at 10am and arrive at 10pm. Fun times. I did however discover that I have a 2 (23kg) bag allowance on all my onward flights so that's good news. I was wondering how I would pack for work in two very different work environs and safari in one bag and keep it under the limit.

I hope you are all staying cool! Happy Birthday to Ms Whelan. Hope the weekend was 'sparkle hands' amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, Chris and Zoe here.

We've just returned to Nairobi after climbing Mt. Kenya. Thought you might be here by now, but we're just going to miss each other, as we're heading to Uganda tomorrow night (July 25).

We plan to be back in Nairobi August 15-17th and again Aug 22 & 23. We fly to London the morning of Aug 24. Hopefully we can meet up on one of the above dates. How does getting together for a meal at the Thorn Tree Cafe at the New Stanley Hotel sound? Just name a date (from the above) and time and we'll be there!

By the way, we were slightly worried about "Nairobbery's" reputation before we got here, but so far we've found it a pretty safe place. Hope you enjoy it!

Kevin said...

How did you do that, to get the 2 bag allowance?!