Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29 - Buh Bye Anna and Canal News

Last night we said goodbye to our colleague Anna as she heads back to the UK today. Anna was a great friend to me here and the most independent person I think I have ever met. She was a taxi-taking, Krio-speaking machine. I'll miss her and hope to meet up with her in the UK to grab some Ghanain food and see all her photos from her 6 months in Africa that she took with a traditional camera...imagine that stack!

Here are a couple of photos of the legend that is Anna:

Lovin the Ghanain


Chillin at the beach!


I also managed to discover the following article yesterday:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=6c54a65e-99a1-4bd5-939f-99ecfa1e7a30&k=63784


Most of you know that the Rideau Canal is one of my favourite spots on EARTH and I was happy to see it make such status. The Africany part of this story is that I was actually looking for the news story about the Omanian parkland that had been reduced by 90% for oil cultivation because it was on the radio yesterday morning. Apparently the Ottawa piece of that story wasn't news here. Glad I was interested in the middle-east issue!

No comments: